Merlin enjoys every aspect of raising livestock and managing properties since owning his first cow at age 10 and excelling in vocational agriculture classes and FFA competitions in high school. He is passionate about using his experience and perspective to look thoroughly at all aspects of your ranch and how it can best meet your ownership goals. He promotes wise stewardship of natural resources, specific financial analysis of the business, and enhancement of the real estate value to protect future value.
Merlin knows that every ranch has its own story and finds great satisfaction in participating in your planned successful beginnings, endings, and everything in between.
More about Merlin
EDUCATION AND LICENSING:
- BS degree in Animal Science–Agribusiness Production from Brigham Young University
- Completed the Ranching For Profit School (x 2) and participated in the Executive Link Program
- Real Estate Broker, Colorado (2018-2020)
- Managed large ranches in Nevada, Utah, and Oregon (works a ranch in Idaho)
- Leased a Nevada ranch with his family and ran a financially viable operation for the life of the lease
- Paid staff at the McGregor Research Center of Texas A&M University
- Managed 1,200 mother cows
- Oversaw the selection and implementation of an enterprise accounting system which revolutionized the financial accountability of agricultural research
- Managed the $1.5 million budget which included 4,500 acres of farmland and the 1,200 mother cows with all calves being fed out to final processing
- Realtor and developer of small farms, ranches, hunting, and recreation properties for resale
- Nevada Rancher of the Year – 2006
- Excellence in Range Management Award – 2007